Formula 1 – Facts & Figures
How much do you know about the cars, which are involved in the competition of Formula 1? Yes, it’s fast and powerful vehicles. But what exactly is under the bonnet of this car? And how much time and money you will need to create at least one …
The car from Formula 1 is identified by the number of monocoques, as all the other components and assemblies on it are removable and replaceable. During the season driver can change on average of three monocoques, cost of each is about $115,000. Total for the season only monocoques for one pilot of the team should establish approximately $350,000. The average temperature in the cabin is about 50 ° C.
- The cost of the motor – $163,148
- Mileage is at least 1000 km. to reconstructing
- The lifetime of the motor – 1600-2000 km
- Every minute the engine releases energy in the amount of 1750 kW
- The V8 engine is 2.4 liter
- It develops over 19 000 r/m. The average power is about 850 hp
- The cost of the engines for the season – $2,000 000
- The usage of automatic gearboxes is forbidden in Formula 1 cars
- Semi-automatic sequential gearboxes are used
- There are 7 forward and 1 reverse gears
- The pilot switches the gear of 1/100 second
- The cost of a seven-speed semi-automatic gearbox is more than $130,000. It is designed for mileage of 6000 km. For the season 10 boxes are enough, including tests. The kit includes several sets of gears.
- Cost of gearboxes for the season – $1,300 000
- Cost of materials –$3,260 211
- The Formula 1 car is made up of 80 000 components
- Car weight – 550 kg
- The body is made of carbon fiber and ultra light materials
- It is made of rubberized fabric, reinforced by Kevlar
- 12 liter tank is filled in 1 second
- Fuel consumption – 75l/100 km
- It has a volume of over 200 liters.
- $ 20,000
- Cost of wheels – $40,010
- For the season it is required 40 sets of wheels
- The front wheels (without tires) weigh is about 4 kg, the rear – 4.5 kg.
- Aluminum, cost $ 110 of each, for the season takes about 500 pieces.
- $ 55,000
- Each assembly includes: a caliper, discs and pads. The cost of such unit is $ 6000. During the season it is required 180 such units.
- The surface temperature of the brake disk is up to 1000°C
- At a speed of 100 km / h it needs 1.4 seconds and 17 meters to stop the car completely
- $1,050 000
Wishbone front suspension
- It is made of titanium and carbon fiber. For the season it needs 20 sets of $100,000.
- $2,000 000
- Running on the individual measures of the racer; is made of carbon fiber. In the case of an accident can be removed from the cockpit with the pilot.
- For the season are used up to 8 units, costing $ 40,000 of each. Located on the steering wheel gearshift buttons, as well as other necessary pilot management and control systems, on-board radio buttons and others.
- It has 23 buttons
- Controls over 120 different functions
- It weighs 1.3 kg
- It takes 100 hours to build a wheel.
- The steering wheel is removed when embarking and disembarking of the pilot out of the car
- $ 320,000
Built-in Video Camera
- The camera is mounted in a protective carbon fiber body. All costs are borne by the administration of Bernie Ecclestone, which owns this equipment.
- Each car is equipped with two steel exhaust system to 13 000 $ in the GP. Replacement of the exhaust system of a different configuration is part of reconfiguration of the car. For the season it needs 54 sets.
- It is made of carbon fiber. During the season, it spends about 15 such units. The cost is $ 20 000 of each.
- Front fascia assembled with the front spoiler. The cost is about $ 19,000 of each. For the season it spends up usually to 10 sets.
- The cost of one tire is about $ 800, for every race it needs 10 sets for a car, in total 760 pieces per season.
- The lifetime of tires from 90 to 200 km depending on the structure
- Instead of air, nitrogen is used
- Changing tires is 3 seconds
- The mirrors are made of a special reflective material ruggedized Perspex, mounted into the body, are made of carbon fiber, so their cost is relatively low, but their aerodynamic fine-tuning is spent thousands of dollars.
- $ 1200
- One new set of aluminum radiators is mounted on each race. The cost of each is $11,000. In total it takes about 20 sets.
- $ 220,000
Levers Rear suspension
- They are made of titanium and carbon fiber, each set costs $120,000. For the season it spends 20 such sets.
- $2,400 000
Electronics and electrical equipment
- Electric cable length of 1 100 km the sensors and actuators connects all electronic systems in the car.
- $4,000 000
- It is made of carbon fiber, but also the technical regulations require the installation of sliding board of pressed wood under the bottom. Each GP are used with several different bottoms placing ballast therein.
- Formula 1 car has a clamping force of 2,500 kg
- It is in 4 times greater than the weight of the car
Acceleration up to 100 kph – Depending on the configuration of the car, the track surface and weather conditions. But most of the Formula 1 cars can accelerate to 100 kph in 1.9 seconds!!! This is the most fast rate for cars in the mechanical traction. In order to achieve greater acceleration, it necessary to use jet thrust.
Top speed is 340 kph.
The approximate cost of all expenses on the car is about 15 million dollars…